Lessons learned from imposing performance-related pay on teachers
Ed Note Blog: How would you like your updates? Send posts to my inbox as they are published times per week Send me one email each week with links to all of the posts from that week.
Author profile. Stephanie Aragon.
More from this author. May 7, May 6, January 28, ThankATeacher … and a State Policymaker?
March 21, In San Francisco, a new plan is being implemented which provides increased compensation is based upon the extra duty for teachers and assignment to a hard to staff school. This is a newly implement plan, which has not produced sufficient data or analysis as of yet. First, in Johnsburg, teachers must achieve certain performance criteria or.
- Victorian Poetry (Blackwell Essential Literature)!
- Teacher Performance Pay in India.
- The Problem with Performance Pay - Educational Leadership.
- Search Ed Note!
- iOS 8 Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself (6th Edition).
- The God Machine (Hellboy)?
- How effective is it?.
The plan was passed by the legislature in and has been implemented in at least two districts. What follows are various resources which may contain information relative to the concepts of merit pay and other forms of teacher compensation.
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Teacher Pay-for-Performance
Gutherie, J. Enterprise Bargaining Agreements may constrain the implementation of performance pay schemes. However, based on a conversion of bonuses used in performance pay schemes in the United Kingdom, costs are estimated to be low. Have you considered other, more cost effective, ways to improve teacher performance, such as high quality continuing professional development?
Given the lack of evidence that performance pay significantly improves the quality of teaching, resources may be better targeted at identifying and recruiting high quality teachers.
How will you make sure that performance pay does not lead to a narrower focus on the measures used to assess teacher performance, or to teachers focusing on the performance of particular groups of students? All rights reserved.
Sign up to the Evidence for Learning e-news to receive updates on evidence-informed practice taking place in Australia and internationally. Skip to main content.
- A Companion to American Womens History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History);
- A Clinical Introduction to Lacanian Psychoanalysis: Theory and Technique.
- Merit Pay for Teachers - New Jersey School Boards Association.
- Performance pay is unsupported by evidence.
- Heritage and Tourism: Place, Encounter, Engagement.
- Decoding the Hidden Market Rhythm;
- Contributions to Sampling Statistics!
Low impact, low cost, based on limited evidence. Average cost.
Evidence security. What is it? How effective is it?